Neko

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, September 1

Note of the day

What is your favorite song which contains a number somewhere in the title or lyrics?


10,000 Miles by Mary Chapin Carpenter

Anyone who really knows me knows I'm a Country music lover!! Which is not a common thing here in MA .... but hey what do I care right? LOL Anyway this song is just beautiful and is the theme song from the movie Fly Away Home... this was one of the first country songs I heard and really loved so of course that makes it all the more special to me :)



3 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

I don't think I've heard that one. Although I don't really listen to it, I think country is becoming much more mainstream than it has been in the past....heck, I saw Loretta Lynn doing a duo with Jack White from the White Stripes the other day....that shows how much music is mixing.

11:42 PM, September 01, 2004  
Blogger Butterfly Amy said...

LOL I don't even know who the White Stripes are...

But yeah, there has been a lot of others singing with Country singers. Like Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow, & Uncle Kracker to name a few. Now I like Sheryl Crow, but the other 2 I would of never even given a 2nd thought to yet the Country songs they sing in I really like.

I had this conversation with someone recently actually, he said the reason so many have done this is because they can make it big on the country charts where in the pop charts they get lost. So it gives them some publicity.. who knows :) I just hope Country doesn't change too much... I like it the way it is :)

11:05 PM, September 02, 2004  
Blogger Chastity said...

Kid Rock and especially Uncle Kracker have that rockabilly, or country rock thing going, whatever you want to call it.

The White Stripes are a great band. Actually, it was only Jack White that did the thing with Loretta Lynn, but close enough.

11:19 PM, September 02, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here