Neko

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, June 1

1. How old were you when you started cross stitching?
11

2. Who taught you to cross stitch?
My Home Ec. teacher in the 7th grade

3. What inspired you to begin cross stitching?
After learning in school (a requirement) I ended up enjoying it and about a year later my Grandmother bought me a book of Garfield patterns.. That got the ball rolling and I've been stitching ever since.

4. What has been your most difficult cross stitch piece?
A wedding piece I recently finished this year... There was so much shading and confetti stitching in it.

5. Do you have friends that stitch?
I've got a lot of internet friends (some that have become real friends as well) that stitch... I used to have some friends I stitched with when I was younger but most I have lost touch with.

6. What is your favorite stitched piece?
The bunny in a carrot patch by Sam Hawkins I did about 12 years ago

7. What is your favorite fabric?
Aida in pastel colors

8. What is your favorite fiber?
DMC threads is the most common that I use, but I do love Six Strand Sweets!

9. What is your favorite needle?
Size 26 I John James Needles... And I love golden needles!

10. Do you prefer black & white or colored charts?
Only black and white for me please! Those colored charts make me dizzy and lose my place on the charts! haha

11. How many Works In Progress do you have at this time?
LOL! Do you really want to know this?? About 15-18 are started, but ones I'm actually stitching on is 5

12. How many UFOs do you have at this time?
You do the figuring by what I said above ;)

13. How many cross stitch charts/kits/mags do you own?
LOL again!! HA I couldn't even begin to count! I've got at least 3 years of The Cross Stitcher. 1 year of Stoney Creek, 1 year of Cross Country Stitching, a bunch of random magazines I picked up here and there... And at least 30 UK mags. And I haven't the slightest idea of how many leaflets I've got! But I've got at least 10-12 kits too. As any stitcher knows it's just as much about the collecting as it is the actual stitching when it comes to stash ;)

14. How much fabric do you have in stock at this time?
I really don't have too much fabric right now and could use some blacks, a grey and a bunch of 12" x 13" 14 ct. white fabric for Charity pieces.. LOL

15. Where is your favorite place to stitch?
In my nice comfy chair in front of the TV

16. What is your favorite time of day to stitch?
late evenings

17. How many pieces have you stitched in your lifetime?
I'm not sure... Maybe 30??

18. Do you give your stitched pieces away?
Sometimes if the person really deserves the piece! I've had many people not understand the love, time and effort that goes into it so I'm Leary about who I stitch for these days.

19. How many different fibers do you have in stock at this time?
All of the DMC including the variegated, and metallic and some of the rayon threads, a good amount of Six Strand Sweets, at least 30 Gentle Arts Sampler Threads, about 15 Week Dye Works threads, a couple of Anchor.

20. How many pairs of scissors do you own?
a special one that I use for cutting floss that I won in a stitching bingo game last summer, a sharp one for cutting the fabric, and my old floss one to cut all metallic threads with.

21. Do you use stitching enhancers (lights, scroll framesÂ…etc)?
I HATE hoops of any kind! I do like the daylight light bulbs though.

22. How many pieces that have been stitched but not yet framed or finished off in some other way do you have at this time?
oh about half of what I stitched lol

23. Do you have a craft/stitching room?
nope

24. Why do you stitch?
for a couple of reasons... It relaxes me and gives me something to do with my hands when I'm watching TV. Because I like the sense of pride when I finish something really beautiful and I like to be able to give a gift of love (something that is really part of me) to someone who really deserves it.

25. What is your most memorable time related to cross stitching?
Back when my old best friend and I used to stitch together at least once a week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy, I am discovering your blog, and really enjoy reading it. What a great way to keep track of your stitching! If you know you'll be writing about it, you may even make time to stitch more. That's super! What's happening in Everwood these days? I've missed this whole last season. I'll have fun poking more around your blog, a little each day.

Joyce in NH

10:29 PM, June 01, 2005  
Blogger Butterfly Amy said...

Hey Joyce! Haven't heard much from youlately... Hope everything is going ok :)

I've been keeping this blog for about a year or so now... some days it keeps me stitching other days it just annoys me that I didn't stitch what I posted I wanted to stitch! haha

Everwood wasn't as good this year as previous.. Though Ephram did find out about Madison getting pregnant and Andy hiding it from him at the end of this season and he ran away to Europe!

And Mrs. Abbot has cancer :( sad story to watch, really gets you in tears.

Nina and Andy still aren't together and she is with a new man Jake (a real cutie too!)

Thats about all I can think of right now lol

Happy stitching!

10:46 PM, June 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here