Neko

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, August 14

Haven't felt much like blogging lately....haven't been stitching much lately either. It's been TOO hot and humid here for the last couple of months, yesterday it was about 100 degrees and 90% humidity! I get pretty grouchy when I'm hot! lol

Anyone that reads my Blog knows that I mostly talk about my stitching and don't usually mention personal issues too often. But today I'm feeling down :(
It's been 2 months since I've talked to one of my closest friends, and I don't think he even realizes it! I miss him so much, we've got the kind of friendship that we can talk about just about anything! I don't know why he's been avoiding me lately. We've never fought about anything, but I can't help but feel I did something wrong. At first I have to admit I was avoiding him a little, sort of testing him because I was annoyed that he had forgotten my bday, but I was over that in just a couple of days LOL
I tried to IM him and call him a couple of times but he ignored me, but the more I tried the more I felt horrible wondering what I did. I know him well enough to know he'd tell me I was over-reacting that I shouldn't be upset about something I don't even know! And while I know he's right, it doesn't stop me from wondering what I did and why he's not speaking to me. It's gotten to the point now that I won't IM or call him again. I've done my part and have been brushed off... The one time I actually got a call through to him he got rid of me in less then a minute saying "I'll talk to you tomorrow" Tomorrow never came.

Ah well, guess there's no point in crying over spilled milk!!



My family arrived from CA for their 2 week vacation last night.. We had dinner and it was nice seeing them again. They'll be spending most of the time here up at our cottage in NH, so Mom and I will probably get up there sometime during the week.


A friend of mine sent me this and I thought I would share it...


THIS IS WHAT LOVE IS ALL ABOUT

It was a busy morning, approximately 8:30 am, when an elderly
gentleman in his 80's, arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb.
He stated that he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would
be over an hour before someone would to able to see him. I saw him
looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another
patient, I would evaluate his wound.

On exam it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got
the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, we began to engage in conversation
I asked him if he had a doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in
such a hurry.

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home
to eat breakfast with his wife.

I then inquired as to her health.

He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a
victim of Alzheimer Disease.

As we talked, and I finished dressing his wound, I asked if she
would be worried if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not
recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him. "And you still go every morning,
even though she doesn't know who you are?"

He smiled as he patted my hand and said. "She doesn't know me, but
I still know who she is."

I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm,
and thought, "That is the kind of love I want in my life."

True love is neither physical, nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and
will not be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scully said...

Aww Amy, I hope you can sort things out with your friend. If you are so close, I wouldn't give up on him. Send him a funny e-card or something asking if you need to send out a search party or something. I always think I've done something wrong in those types of situation, even tho I know I haven't :) My best friend is a guy and we went a whole month without speaking once, which is amazing to say that he spends more time at my house than DBF!

6:47 AM, August 21, 2005  
Blogger Butterfly Amy said...

Thanks Scully! I know I'm probably just over-reacting, I bet he's just really busy with work and possibly a new GF. He tends to get all wrapped up when he's in love lol shh don't tell him that though! haha

5:21 PM, August 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here